- 1. Krista P. Balto, Milan Gembicky, Arnold L. Rheingold, and Joshua S. Figueroa. "Crystalline Hydrogen-Bonding Networks and Mixed-Metal Framework Materials Enabled by an Electronically Differentiated Heteroditopic Isocyanide/Carboxylate Linker Group." Inorganic Chemistry 2021 60 (16), 12545-12554. DOI: 10.1021/acs.inorgchem.1c01804
- 2. Lee, Brian Hyun-jong, Nicholas A. Kotov, and Gaurav Arya. "Reconfigurable Chirality of DNA-Bridged Nanorod Dimers." ACS nano (2021). DOI:10.
- 3. Jiajing Zhou, Matthew N. Creyer, Amanda Chen, Wonjun Yim, René P. M. Lafleur, Tengyu He, Zhixing Lin, Ming Xu, Pedram Abbasi, Jianfeng Wu, Tod A. Pascal, Frank Caruso, and Jesse V. Jokerst, Stereoselective Growth of Small Molecule Patches on Nanoparticles, Journal of the American Chemical Society Article ASAP, DOI:10.1021/jacs.1c04272
- 4. Kim, J. Y.; Barcus, K.; Cohen, S. M., Controlled Two-Dimensional Alignment of Metal–Organic Frameworks in Polymer Films. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143, 3703. DOI:10.1021/jacs.0c13459
- 5. Yi-Sheng Lu, Sanahan Vijayakumar, Arnaud Chaix, Brian R. Pimentel, Kyle C. Bentz, Sheng Li, Adriano Chan, Charlotte Wahl, James S. Ha, Deborah E. Hunka, Gerry R. Boss, Seth M. Cohen, and Michael J. Sailor, Remote Detection of HCN, HF, and Nerve Agent Vapors Based on Self-Referencing, Dye-Impregnated Porous Silicon Photonic Crystals, ACS Sensors 2021, 6, 418. DOI:10.1021/acssensors.0c01931
- 1. Ortega-Rivera, O.A., Shin, M.D., Chen, A., Beiss, V., Moreno-Gonzalez, M.A., Lopez-Ramirez, M.A., Reynoso, M., Wang., H., Hurst, B.L., Wang, J., Pokorski, J.P., and Steinmetz N.F. (2021) Trivalent Subunit Vaccine Candidates for COVID-19 and Their Delivery Devices. JACS DOI:10.1021/jacs.1c06600.
- 2. Byungji Kim, Qinglin Yang, Leslie W. Chan, Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Erkki Ruoslahti and Michael J. Sailor, Fusogenic porous silicon nanoparticles as a broad-spectrum immunotherapy against bacterial infections, Nanoscale Horiz., 2021, 6, 330. DOI: 10.1039/d0nh00624f
- 3. Tushar Kumeria, Joanna Wang, Byungji Kim, Ji-Ho Park, Jonathan M. Zuidema, Mark Klempner, Lisa Cavacini, Yang Wang, and Michael J. Sailor, Enteric Polymer-Coated Porous Silicon Nanoparticles for Site-Specific Oral Delivery of IgA Antibody, ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng. 2020. DOI:10.1021/acsbiomaterials.0c01313
- 4. Schara, S.; Blau, R.; Church, D. C.; Pokorski, J. K.; Lipomi, D. J., Polymer Chemistry for Haptics, Soft Robotics, and Human–Machine Interfaces. Adv. Func. Mater. 2021, 2008375. DOI: 10.1002/adfm.202008375
Publications resulting from work that was enabled by access to our facilities (IMCF)
- Davies, D. M.; Yang, Y.; Sablina, E. S.; Yin, Y.; Mayer, M.; Zhang, Y.; Olguin, M.; Lee, J. Z.; Lu, B.; Damien, D.; Borodin, O.; Rustomji, C. S.; Meng, Y. S., A Safer, Wide-Temperature Liquefied Gas Electrolyte Based on Difluoromethane. J. Power Sources 2021, 493, 229668.
- Jean-Marie Doux, Ying Shirley Meng “Advanced Characterization and Diagnosis of Sulfide Based Solid Electrolytes and Their Interfaces”, Materials Research Society (MRS) Spring/Fall Meeting 2020, S.EN12.08.01
Suggested funding acknowledgment text on MRSEC papers, and oral/poster presentations reporting MRSEC work:
“This work was sponsored in part by the UC San Diego Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (UCSD MRSEC), supported by the National Science Foundation (Grant DMR-2011924).”
Suggested support acknowledgment text for research performed using MRSEC supported facilities (instrumentation or computation):
"The authors acknowledge the use of facilities and instrumentation supported by the National Science Foundation through the University of California San Diego Materials Research Science and Engineering Center DMR-2011924”
Awards & Honors
April 2021 | Professor Akif Tezcan awarded Guggenheim Fellowship
Akif Tezcan, Professor at the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at UC San Diego, and UC San Diego MRSEC IRG1 Affiliated Faculty has been awarded a prestigious Guggenheim Fellowship.
March 2021 | Professor Shirley Meng selected to the Class of 2021 Materials Research Society Fellows
Shirley Meng, Professor at the Department of Nanoengineering at UC San Diego, a Director of the Institute for Materials Discovery & Design, and UC San Diego MRSEC Facilities and External Relations Lead, has been selected to the Class of 2021 Materials Research Society Fellows.
March 2021 | Professor Nicole Steinmetz selected a Fellow of the International Association of Advanced Materials
Professor at the Department of Nanoengineering at UC San Diego, and the UC San Diego MRSEC IRG2 Co-Lead, Nicole Steinmetz, was honored to become a Fellow of the International Association of Advanced Materials in recognition of her contribution to "Advancement of Materials to Global Excellence".
February 2021 | Professor Alex Frañó named 2021 Cottrell Scholar Award
Research Corporation for Science Advancement has named 25 outstanding teacher-scholars in chemistry, physics, and astronomy as recipients of its 2021 Cottrell Scholar Awards. Alex Frañó, Professor at the Department of Physics at the University of California San Diego, and a MRSEC-affiliated faculty was among this year's recipients. Read the full story here.
December 2020 | Professors Shirley Meng and Seth Cohen named in 2020 List of Highly Cited Researchers
Professor of Nanoengineering, and a MRSEC Facilities/External Relations Lead, Shirley Meng, and Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Seth Cohen, MRSEC IRG1-Affiliated Faculty, were among 52 professors and researchers at UC San Diego named in the prestigious list of Highly Cited Researchers in 2020. Researchers earned this distinction by producing multiple publications that rank in the top 1% by citations in their field over the past 11 years. Read the full story here.